Frequently Asked Questions About our Camping Sites
We are constantly updating this page. If you don't see the answer you are looking for here, please call us for a chat. We want you to have an excellent visit to Ash Grove and are happy to answer any questions you might have.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Do you sell firewood?
Yes! We have excellent firewood available onsite. We purchase it from a local supplier who cuts it into small pieces, cures it, and bundles it for us. We charge $7 per bundle. You can pay with cash, or run a tab on your credit card during your stay.
We do recommend bringing a small hatchet so that you can shave off kindling.
Do you have potable water?
Yes! Our water comes from deep mountain wells. It is delicious and clean. Save the space in your car and use refillable water bottles, you do not need to bring water with you.
Is there water or electricity at the camp sites, themselves?
Stellar Sites: There is no water or electricity available at the Stellar sites, themselves.
Techno Sites: All Techno RV Sites have both water and electricity.
Elf Shelf: There is water available near the Elf Shelf. It does not have electricity.
Gnome Home: Bring an extension cord and you can get electricity in the Gnome Home. You will share water with Techno Site #5, just across the road.
Where do we get water or electricity if we are in the Stellar Sites?
Our bathhouse is the central hub on the property. There is a faucet at the the bath house. You can fill your water bottles there. We also provide buckets so that you can take water down to your tent site to keep next to your campfire.
What about trash disposal?
We have a secure trash enclosure next to the bath house with bear-proof garbage cans and recycling bins.
How do we stay dry if it rains?
Great question! Here are some ideas:
- Make sure your tent is waterproof. Take it out of storage and check all the seams before you come, so that you do not risk sleeping in a leaky tent.
- Remember your rain fly. When you set up your tent, put on your rain fly and keep it on. You never know when it might start drizzling.
- Bring an appropriately sized ground tarp. Your ground tarp should be just smaller than the footprint of your tent.
- Bring ropes and extra tarps to provide cover over your tent and picnic area. We are happy for you string up tarps from our trees. We simply ask that you treat the trees kindly. Do not cut or damage them in any way!!
- Wear quick drying or waterproof clothing.
- If you do get wet, we have a coin-op laundry available for you to use. You don't need to worry about bringing quarters with you because we can make change for you so that you can use the washer and dryers. We even sell detergent.
Do you have WiFi?
Yes! We have excellent WiFi service on our property. Many of our guests use it for remote work or schooling. It is possible to do Zoom-type meetings using our system.
Stellar Sites: You will not get any electronic service at the Stellar tent sites, but you will be able to connect at the picnic tables by the bath house or in any of the paved areas of the campground.
Techno Sites: The Techno Sites all have great WiFi connections.
Elf Shelf and Gnome Home: Both of our camping shelters have excellent WiFi connections.